A computer virus, much like a flu virus, is designed to spread from host to host and has the ability to replicate itself. Similarly, in the same way that flu viruses cannot reproduce without a host cell, computer viruses cannot reproduce and spread without programming such as a file or document.
In more technical terms, a computer virus is a type of malicious code or program written to alter the way a computer operates and is designed to spread from one computer to another. A virus operates by inserting or attaching itself to a legitimate program or document that supports macros in order to execute its code. In the process, a virus has the potential to cause unexpected or damaging effects, such as harming the system software by corrupting or destroying data.
-Alison Grace Johansen for NortonLifeLock. (n.d.).
- Frequent pop-up windows. Pop-ups might encourage you to visit unusual sites. Or they might prod you to download antivirus or other software programs.
- Changes to your homepage. Your usual homepage may change to another website, for instance. Plus, you may be unable to reset it.
- Mass emails being sent from your email account. A criminal may take control of your account or send emails in your name from another infected computer.
- Frequent crashes. A virus can inflict major damage on your hard drive. This may cause your device to freeze or crash. It may also prevent your device from coming back on.
- Unusually slow computer performance. A sudden change of processing speed could signal that your computer has a virus.
- Unknown programs that start up when you turn on your computer. You may become aware of the unfamiliar program when you start your computer. Or you might notice it by checking your computer’s list of active applications.
- -Alison Grace Johansen for NortonLifeLock. (n.d.).
Making backups of your data is important in insuring that you have those unforgettable moments and or business critical files available . Backups protect against human errors, hardware failure, virus attacks, power failure, and natural disasters. Backups can help save time and money if these failures occur.
Remote support is our way of troubleshooting your computer problems over the internet without you leaving the comfort of your home.
Repairs can range from a few hours to weeks depending on the availability of parts.
Yes, Genesis Pro Tech will service residential as well as businesses. Please contact us today for more information on how we are able to assist.
Yes! A consultation will be scheduled to with the website owner to determine the scope of work.
A domain name or just domain is the name of a website. In many cases, you will need hosting to find the website needed.
Hosting is a location where a website and other media content are stored. In many cases, you will need a domain to find the website needed.